Book Award & Media Award
About the awards
Oral History Australia introduced its Book Award and Media Award for the first time in 2019 to encourage innovative and excellent applications of oral history.
Like the Hazel de Berg Award for Excellence in Oral History, these two awards are timed to coincide with the OHA Biennial Conference.
Applications now open
Click on a button below to find out how to apply. Closing date: 1 August 2021.
Book Award recipients
Black Saturday: Not the end of the story
Author: Peg Fraser
Publisher: Monash University Publishing, 2018, Web address: https://publishing.monash.edu/books/bs-9781925523683.html
Media Award recipients
A City Responds to Crisis: Volunteers and the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Sydney 1980s-1990s
- Curators: Anisa Puri and Shirleene Robinson
- Output: Digital Exhibition, Date of Production: January 2019, Web address: https://acityrespondstocrisis.com/
The Making of Mardi Gras
- Co-producers: Catherine Freyne and Scott McKinnon
- Sound engineer: Mark Don
- The Making of Mardi Gras 1979-1981. ABC Radio National: The History Listen Program (Broadcast 19 June 2018). https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/the-history-listen/mardi-gras-1/9860340
- Mardi Gras Supernova 2002-2003. ABC Radio National: The History Listen Program (Broadcast 24 June 2018). https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/the-history-listen/mardi-gras-2/9887374